Today's date is Friday 24 November 2017
by Lorenzo Taylor
Latest version is 1.4 released 19 February 2006
The current time is 12:58:10 UTC
Contact info |
Make a donation |
SourceForge project page
Version 1.4 - 19 February 2006
- Podracer uses some BASH-specific functionality; changed script line to
- Redirections are now followed correctly when fetching RSS feeds and podcasts.
- Fixed a bug which caused only the last URL to be retrieved from feeds with no
- Blank lines and lines that don't begin with a URL or the absolute path to a
local file are now ignored in the subscription file. Comments no longer need a
`#' at the beginning of the line.
- Fixed a bug which caused a `cannot open file' error on some systems. This was
caused by an unescaped shell metacharacter.
- Added a command line option to retrieve version information.
- Added minspeed and downloadtimeout config options to prevent hanging when
downloading non-torrent podcasts.
- Catchup mode now completely replaces the podcast log so that old useless
entries are removed.
- Rewrote comment to m3u config file option to specify how to cause the playlist
not to be created.
- Updated man page and README file to reflect recent changes.
- The installer script now correctly removes man pages when uninstalling
Podracer and Timeout.
Version 1.3 - 1 September 2005
- Fixed a bug where URLs with `&' rather than `&' were fetched incorrectly
- Fixed a rare bug which sometimes caused files to be saved with eronious data appended to their filenames
- Removed code which depended specifically on gawk. Any implementation of awk may now be used.
- Temporary files are now removed when SIGHUP, SIGINT, SIGQUIT or SIGTERM is caught
- A TODO file has been added to list major changes in upcoming releases
Version 1.2.2 - 20 June 2005
- Fixed a bug which caused an error when a torrent filename contained spaces
- Seeding of a torrent is only attempted if the download is complete
- Very minor code cleanup
Version 1.2.1 - 17 June 2005
- Installer now shows the errors that cause Podracer to fail to install
- Installer now detects where man pages are installed
Version 1.2 - 15 June 2005:
- Save torrents in their own directory for later use outside of Podracer
- Use btlaunchmany to seed all saved torrents at once
- Added uploadrate config option to limit bandwidth used when seeding torrents
- Removed toplevel config option since poddir can handle this functionality
- directory name may be added to an entry in the subscriptions file to store a
podcast feed in its own directory relative to poddir
- The prompt to create the sample subscriptions file may now be answered with a
single y or n - it is not necessary to press enter
- The receiver config option has been changed to longname for readability
- Minor code cleanup
Version 1.0 - 7 June 2005:
Copyright 2006 Lorenzo Taylor